About Our Church
We are the community of Roman Catholic Christians
in South Norwood, in the London Borough of Croydon in England.
Our church is in Whitworth
If you are new to the parish, welcome! Please
introduce yourself to Father Bartholomew.
Please also ask for a Registration Form so that your name can be put on the
parish register. You need to be registered to receive a reference. Please consider
joining in Parish activities.
Details of local Catholic schools are on the Contact
St Chad’s Parish Vision
To be a community gathered together by Christ
to proclaim the Gospel. To bring about 'The Kingdom of God' through the celebration
of the sacraments and by our words and actions both in St Chad's Parish and
in South Norwood.
We will achieve the Parish Vision by:
- Trusting in God the Father, the Son and the Holy
- Worshipping as individuals and as a community.
- Helping each other in the understanding of our faith
and through dificult times.
- Celebrating our liturgy in an attractive and inspirational
way that people of all ages, cultures and abilities can understand and enjoy.
- Welcoming people individually and as a community
so that they know that their presence makes a difference not only to themselves
and to God but also to the community amongst whom they stand.
- Working towards Justice and Peace in our Community
and the World around us.
- Respecting each person as our equal.
- Celebrating the achievements and potential of our
- Supporting our young people as they develop their
understanding and faith in the word of Jesus Christ.
- Learning not only from our own Catholic community
but also from the wider Christian community as we work towards Christian Unity.
- Spreading the good news of Jesus Christ through
what we do and say and by living the 'Word'.
- Supporting the work of the church/community through
our own contributions and fund raising.
- Enjoying both in prayer and socially the life of
our community through our wholehearted participation.
- Helping those less well off than ourselves financially
Parish Council Constitution
The Parish Council constitution
is here. (Requires Adobe Acrobat Reader.)
St Chad’s Child Protection Policy
The Parish's Child Protection Policy Statement
St. Chad's and People with a Disabilities
The Parish has imoplemented a program to improve accessibility
for all and to address the requirements of the Disability
Discrimination Act. Details are here.